"Office" Style GF Room with Storage

Very nice and organized :hugs:

Those are a great ideas for storage.

3 Likes

Thanks, I hope the material won’t warp from storage like this. I see it stored this way in the home improvement stores. I wanted something like this because it is inevitable that the material you want will be on the bottom of the pile if stored flat. :persevere:

9 Likes

I think that was touched on here: Ways to store material?

2 Likes

Really nice indoor setup–much more livable than a more utilitarian setup, and great use of space.

4 Likes

Yes, I’ll have to keep an eye on the thinner pieces.

1 Like

By the way @elsman18, nice desk in this post:

I saw the post when @JeremyNielsen pointed me back to the “ways to store materials” link. I didn’t install the keyboard tray when putting mine together.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I need to start figuring out my office at some point. It’s nice to see how other people are handling it.

3 Likes

This looks SO nice! My Glowforge won’t be in a true workshop, either…but like you have here, a very pleasant place to spend some time. Your room looks very inviting and cheerful PLUS some great storage and work space. Since we will need to be nearby when we’re using our lasers, it’s really fun to have a space that’s comfortable and has enough extra space to assemble things, etc. Thanks so much for showing us the photos. (I have a similar glass desk to work at, also)

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. I’m happy with it and hope to finish the decorating with a signature piece that will “make” the room in the next month or so.

3 Likes

Aren’t those two cubes square? You could have one vertically and one horizontally for material (to keep pieces “flatter”)

It is kinda of weird that as a male, I am building my “nursery”/nest for the “baby”.

I have a techcave (versus a mancave - no couches, fridges, recliners) which is currently being purged and rearranged for the stork (whether it is of the Brown species or the two-toned Blue and Orange) “lovingly” delivers the bundle of joy.

There is a likely chance Glowie will be getting some other maker siblings, but his older sibling Printster wants his own room because he doesn’t want to share his space. Where did my makerspace parenting skills miss their responsible goals? :family_man_woman_boys:

11 Likes

Fantastic setup!

4 Likes

Yes, but they are only 14" deep. With this desk there is not enough room to add another cube behind it. Only a small overhang, but also could cause some bowing if stored flat. I’m still not sure how much either storage method would cause major issues. If they do, I’ll have to displace more books in the book shelf to make a flat storage space or reconfigure part of the vertical storage.

3 Likes

I find storing BB on edge causes it to warp/bow for anything but 12x12 1/4"+ squares. The 12x20 sized for the machine’s capacity certainly would (I tend to use 12x12, 12x24 & 18x24 as my “stock sizes” I keep on hand). Being able to store it flat helps reduce that.

Minor bowing can be managed by using small Neodymium magnets to flatten it to the bed.

3 Likes

Love the C&H! And the space. Nicely done!

3 Likes

Very nice setup!
Way too clean for my style. Gravity and entropy it seems are both pronounced by my mere proximity.
You are all set!

7 Likes

I love it! nice job on that, it’s going to look even better with a beautiful laser cutter on it :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks, but it won’t usually be that way. Here’s my office/craft room. It can look as good as the GF Room. When I’m in the middle of projects - Christmas Cards and some decals for a customer - It looks like this. :scream:

12 Likes

Yeah mine always looks like that…

Some creative types require a “nest” around them for inspiration.
(That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.)

9 Likes

It’ll be clean for Thanksgiving, even if shoved in a box to be sorted and organized better later.

6 Likes