Ogres are like onions

One of the things I’m interested in playing with when my Glowforge arrives are things like these layered artwork pieces. Granted, I’m not the most artistic, but it’s fun to try. Can’t wait to try. Especially like the idea of lighting pieces different ways to accentuate the depth. I think using the low power and paper for designs like this could be cool too. Saw some of that a while back, need to look again :smile:

73 Likes

Those look awesome. Layered 3d engraved panoramas!

5 Likes

Now with the lower power for paper, making some layered scenes will be pretty cool.

11 Likes

I love this kind of stuff. I have a few projects like that on my Pintrest idea board.

2 Likes

Upon seeing the topic title I was worried someone had used low power settings to engrave Shrek on an onion skin.

Cool use of layers.

8 Likes

I made this one for our district art show with my silhouette. I used my Sketchbook Pro on my iPad, but tracing paper would work just as well. Just start at the front and work your way back.

“Mutually Assured Destruction”

24 Likes

Very cool . I’ve been thinking about shadow boxes too as a series of works.

Give @Jules or @henryhbk a few minutes…lol

12 Likes

LOL, That was a really subtle challenge thrown out there for those two :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooooh. Not sure I have onion… Will check.

Can tall thin ogres be like scallions?

13 Likes

Yup. And a tall, thin, snarky ogre that can rhyme well on a beat…
RapScallion.

16 Likes

Giving that a :heart: because there isn’t a groan button :slight_smile:

6 Likes

First!

(note flattening an onion skin is super hard. Removing blue tape from an onion skin is even harder). Not sure what was up with that spot near the O, as it wasn’t even lasing there, when it suddenly glowed and went away…

38 Likes

I knew you wouldnt disappoint!!! I can just imagine @dan and crew back at :glowforge: headquarters shaking their heads… That @henryhbk again with the food in our PRU…lol

11 Likes

My daughter and I literally laughed out loud at that!:joy:

2 Likes

I somehow expect getting an email from @dan or @rita saying, normally we would be taking back our PRU to exchange for your forever unit, but in this case, can you please simply dispose of the PRU, we don’t think we want that one back…

19 Likes

Lmao… Label as hazardous goods…[quote=“henryhbk, post:16, topic:8895”]
please simply dispose of the PRU,
[/quote]

:joy: :rofl:

5 Likes

Can confirm, did happen

19 Likes

At least he did not laser a whole onion and have it leek all over the crumb tray. :smirk_cat:

27 Likes

OMG! Absolutely awesome!

5 Likes