Oh, Farmer's Market!

A gift (shh, not yet given!) with an inside joke… My sister-in-law was in a heated discussion when she and my brother passed a farmer’s market, and she wanted him to stop. She said the inscribed phrase without changing her tone, and it came out sounding like an expletive!

The words are black acrylic, the frame is stained underlayment, and the background is an engraved, hand-colored tile:

50 Likes

I bet some of A’s paintings would make great tiles! (Or is that one of hers that I haven’t seen?)

2 Likes

No, that’s an illustration I found online somewhere… I’ll have to try some of her stuff, you’re right!

2 Likes

I didn’t think it looked quite up to her capabilities, but I was afraid of sticking my foot in my mouth (I’ve only got the one, right now)! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That long tile is really nice as a sign background. (And I’m sure you guys have been discussing them here, but I might have missed it…looks awesome!) :grinning:

4 Likes

I bought some with no purpose, had to find one!

2 Likes

P.S. Which sister-in-law? I’m guessing it must have been Erica, but picturing Michelle doing this is cracking me up even more, so now I need to know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The latter!

1 Like

Oh, now I love it EVEN MORE!!! :laughing::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Ok… my new favorite project. That’s very impressive. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s a beautiful sign, and the back story makes it even cooler :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is beautiful. Like the layered approach, as everything works well together.

2 Likes

Ohmygosh! Doggone it, you and your sister are really making it hard for the rest of us to keep up here. This is a gorgeous sign, even without the funny story. And i think I want to look into those long tiles…didn’t know I needed one but I do have a few panoramic photos…

5 Likes

I was happy to find a way to use one! I’d done some simple framed tiles as gifts, but the panoramic tiles were seeming useless.

22 Likes

What a great design and use of tiles! The back story is hilarious even without knowing the characters.

3 Likes

Michelle is like 5’2", I think, very sweet and soft-spoken. She keeps our 6’7" doctor brother and their 5 kids (all home schooled and one with special needs) in line, so I know she’s got some good strong backbone in her, but she’s really good at handling whatever comes up in a calm, quiet manner, so it’s not often anyone gets to see her “lose it,” even just a little bit. :wink:

8 Likes

And now, “Farmer’s Market!” is indeed an expletive in my ‘alt-profane’ list. (I have a 10yo and a 3yo, so I do try not to cuss around them.) Thanks for that.

Nice work on the plaque!

5 Likes

It’s somehow quite satisfying! Just the right mouth feel.

5 Likes

“Farmer’s Market!”

Yes! Yes…I like this one!

6 Likes

Already used it too. TheBoy(10) kicked my arse in Battleship. When he found the last ship… “You little… Farmer’sMarket!” LOL (His eyes got big! LOL)

8 Likes