Old Wagon & Stage Coach Lamps

Thank you. It was actually designed for .22 tabs (thick draft board or acrylic). As this prototype came together, I too thought the tabs added to it. Thanks for your kind note.

4 Likes

Love the Conestoga Wagon. In fact, almost went with the Prairies Schooner, but for the fact that sewing is a true area of opportunity for me. I also liked the hearse (horse drawn of course). Little dark, but an awesome looking carriage.

6 Likes

My understanding is that they were actually worse than riding a horse, as they used flaps over the windows to keep the dust out, which also kept out the light and made it hot and stuffy. Canā€™t remember where I heard that from.

6 Likes

I hadnā€™t even thought of the dust a team of horses would kick upā€¦

6 Likes

Adorable! Canā€™t wait to see the final version.

2 Likes

Thanks cynd11, appreciate your comment.

2 Likes

The first prototype is completed. The final version includes luggage box, luggage rack, horse cutouts on driver seat, breaks, with a leather seat and curtains. Used hard walnut grade for box and horse cut-outs. Going forward, I would make the wheels out of the thick draft board and modify the axel and and horse tree so everything could be laser cut (those parts are dowel rods).

FYI: This is what Iā€™m calling a #STEM coach. Itā€™s being used to show the HS students in my engineering class what can be done with CAD software and the glowforge. Itā€™s actually working as I overheard one student say ā€œI wish I could do thatā€

I did a clear acrylic version, but it didnā€™t have the look I was going for. If I continue to play with this model,

15 Likes

That looks amazing in the photos. Well done.

5 Likes

Your coaches keep getting better and better. I bet it is rewarding to teach your students with projects like your stage coach.

7 Likes

I love this! It reminds me of the wagons I used to see for sale in gift shops in AZ and NM in the 60ā€™s. (I always wanted one!)

6 Likes

So neat! Itā€™s definitely going to be an inspiration piece for your students.

4 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

I saw those wagonā€™s your talking about. I wonder how they made them without a glowforge :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scroll saw, maybe?

1 Like

This is a friend of mineā€™s Brotherā€™s companyā€¦

3 Likes

Wow, that is so cool. Making them in real life . Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Wow just wow!!! The stagecoach I want is $71,000.

Thank you for posting this incredible website.

2 Likes