Old Wagon & Stage Coach Lamps

When I was young, I remember having a stage coach lamp in a Western themed bedroom. That was the inspiration for this design. This picture here is actually a thin draft board prototype. The pattern was actually designed for .22 thickness. Now somewhat happy with the design, I’ll use thick draft board and maybe clear acrylic then add some thin chain with maybe a swath of leather for the seat.

38 Likes

Looks very delicate. Are those tiny axles the only brace for the wheels?

I love all the detail in it.

12 Likes

This looks great!!!

10 Likes

The wheels on the 1/8 draft board weren’t enough, so I added four 1/4 x 1/4 rods. Unless it’s at eye level, they seem to blend in well. A clear acrylic support to a base could also be considered.

21 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

That is remarkable! Fantastic job.

10 Likes

Looks great

7 Likes

You nailed the design! Great job! Love all the little details. Looking forward to your finished one.

9 Likes

Thank you so much !

4 Likes

Much appreciated.

4 Likes

Very kind of you, The clear acrylic has been cut and is in assembly. Will post pics soon.

4 Likes

Sweet may not really be the appropriate word for this, but it conjures childhood…and is therefore sweet. I love it.

12 Likes

Thanks for your “sweet” response Xabbess. Kinda cool that a glowforge can take us back-in-the-day

4 Likes

What fun! Fantastic work!

9 Likes

Great project! Thanks for sharing that, be sure to show us all the finished piece!

Imagine having to travel cross-country in one of those. A step above riding a horse, but they had nothing to compare it to - then, the railroad. :star_struck: Smooth and fast, it must have been like stepping into another world.

10 Likes

Nice project! I remember my Mom doing a kit with a covered wagon. It was really cool. Nice memory.

6 Likes

Now you have to make the Conestoga Wagon or Prarie Schooner lamp to go with it!

12 Likes

I like how you made some of the tabs part of the design features. Great job!

7 Likes

Thanks, it’s still WIP. Clear acrylic model coming soon. Plan to add stairs, breaks, tree, luggage rack, shades, and box for the back.

4 Likes

Thanks zig-zag man :wink: The suspension on the real coaches were leather straps supporting the carriage, and no dramamine. Hope to have the clear acrylic model posted soon.

5 Likes