“Old West” General Store and Apothecary

I’ve kind have had a wild west theme in my head recently. Here is my attempt at an old general store with a pharmacy next to it.

Drawn in illustrator and cut from 1/16” MDF.

88 Likes

Sweet! The finish on all parts is amazing. Looks great.

10 Likes

Amazing :grin:

7 Likes

You need to cut this out, you’re giving me an inferiority complex.

How’d you do the barrels?

That’s a really complicated build. What would you say was the trickiest part (or trickiest parts) of the project?

9 Likes

shave and a haircut, two bits.

4 Likes

Another beautiful work of art! I love the detail in the paint job, the variety of board shades and how effectively distressed it all came out. Great job!

3 Likes

It looks so good!!

6 Likes

Looks very successful, even the inside. Just, wow…

Reminded me of a rabbit hole a few of us went down once, wondering about why the saloons had bat wing doors.
Best answer always seemed to be allowing air in and smoke out while protecting the evil sins inside from being exposed to the general public.
I always favored a less popular explanation. It allowed the cowboys to lug their gear into the bar using both hands and no pesky door to open.
I can imagine them hauling the important stuff inside with them, because that is how they rolled back when.

10 Likes

Amazing stuff, great staging and photos too.

7 Likes

Just wow! This amount of detail makes my brain feel funny. :grin:

7 Likes

I am always so amazed at the details in all of your designs. Brilliant.

7 Likes

Your designs are always so authentic looking! I love the interior details. The whole project looks like something out of Gunsmoke or Bonanza.

7 Likes

Once again, cool. Now all you need are some cacti

7 Likes

Absolutely magical!

6 Likes

Thanks to @Deleted this award has a new look.

Once again, you have been awarded the Glowforge Super Hero Award.

8 Likes

How delightful! I love your miniature scenes, they are so intricate. They transport you to a different time and place.

4 Likes

Stunning work!

2 Likes

I always thought it was so they could throw the drunks out easier, lol!

5 Likes

I heard a quote once that went something like: “Follow your idols until they are your competitors”. So that’s kind of what drives me a bit.

I should have clarified in the description that I DID NOT make the people, animals, or vehicles. Some of the interior details are made from wood and clay but most are “store bought” - including the barrels on the wagon.

For this one, the stairs were the hardest part. I actually had to make a jig to assemble them.

In general though, roofs are my nemesis. I can never quite seem to get them the way I want. Half the reason I furnished these is so I wouldn’t have to put roofs on them, lol!

18 Likes

That’s fantastic!

4 Likes