Omniforge1 new projects

Not in the manual. It would be nice if there was a pull down menu of the shortcuts in the GFUI. I would also like a toolbar with a 4" vector square , circle etc that could be resized later.

4 Likes

I think @dan said something about putting that one in the hopper - allowing the GFUI to add graphic primitives to something. That would be helpful when you’ve not put a cut line around something.

3 Likes

I have a few basic shapes uploaded, but since I can’t resize except proportionally, that’s only semi-useful.

1 Like

That is part of the “trace” UI. If you are uploading your own bitmap, you’ll want to edit it in your favorite bitmap editing software first.

3 Likes

Everywhere I show the coasters, I get more orders. Stopped at McDonalds for a drink; poof, an order for a wooden memorial for the manager’s mom.

7 Likes

Another coaster for a friend.

17 Likes

Oh frabjous day! :hugs:

3 Likes

I am making a great deal of very simple things while I learn more about image manipulation and design software.I am quite a noob at this, but that is ok. I add at least one new skill a day. I have been experimenting mostly with image/file size and the corresponding laser time. My first coaster engrave was 48 min and no one can see an appreciable difference from the later one at 12 min. Now I am in the 4-6 min range and the customer is still happy. I have pledged orders of nearly 1/3 of my machine/filter purchase price and the customer is patient while I learn.

10 Likes

Very quick engrave for a friend. A bit grainy.

19 Likes

Lovely!

1 Like

Yeah, I like that a lot! (I’m a fan of fairies, pixies and elves.) :grinning::+1:

And dragons. And unicorns. And flying horses.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Ok, I will share a new mistake of a newbie. Was learning to rotate my image and forgot to rotate back before printing. The good news is that the bevel technique shown earlier in the forum works well even at this small scale. I should have bumped up the resolution on the fairy too.

9 Likes

I’m accumulating a small box of “oops” too, but it’s all good.

5 Likes

Hehehe, I’ve got two boxes! (Mistakes and tests)

6 Likes

If you are not making mistakes you are not pushing hard enough.

6 Likes

Well, I want new forum members to feel comfortable with the fact that we all make mistakes and they are among friends here. It’s a great place to learn.

5 Likes

Oh yeah! Yes! Yup! Uh-huh! :grinning:

2 Likes

LOL yeah, I have a BIG box of “oops” :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting to pilfer through it and see from whence you came. A chronology of my education :smirk:

2 Likes