One last engrave for the evening

I had a thought that Alphonse Mucha’s work would engrave well, he did lots of art nouveau posters. So I googled for one of his paintings:

A quick test, cropped and adjusted the curve to make it a decent candidate for engraving — maybe all of 5 minutes to get it set up:

Not to get into settings too much here but, on Baltic, with “vary power” engrave mode. It’s amazing what you can do so quickly with the Glowforge.

51 Likes

Now that I’m definitely going to do…I love Mucha’s work. :grinning:

2 Likes

Wow! This is awesome! I’m defiantly snatching this one up to make.

1 Like

Wow, that did engrave beautifully!

3 Likes

If you do a google image search for his name and then go under tool and select size large you can narrow the search to high resolution images. Pretty much every single one is a good candidate for an engrave. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stunning! I am curious how large this is and how long a piece like this took to engrave.

1 Like

The scale I engraved at for this test was 4.5" x 3" (11 x 7.5 cm), and it took about 25 minutes.

This isn’t the correct topic to get into it, but engrave times can vary a huge amount depending on how you do it. Maybe I’ll get a thread going in beyond the manual.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I haven’t needed to do that since high school doing power point presentations.

So nice!