One year ago

One year aniversery of The Email!

Here is how it happened.

Driving to my parents for a weekend visit with my wife and ~3 month old daughter. As I’m driving, my phone beeps, letting me know I got an email.

Should I check it? Nah I’m not expecting anything urgent.

I pull into my parents driveway and check my phone.

That’s weird, an email from Glowforge. Maybe I’m getting a PRU?

I skim it real quick while still in the car. Then I read it again.

Me: “Honey! We’re getting a Glowforge! A production unit!”
Better Half: (As she is bringing our daughter into the house) “That’s nice, can you grab the bags?”

One year of Forging, and I couldn’t be happier with it! Thanks @GlowforgeStaff!

I have a project I’m working on that I’m hoping to have finished by the anniversary of my Glowforge delivery!

14 Likes

We ought to switch the anniversary notices to date of delivery! A whole year! Congrats! :balloon::tada::confetti_ball::tanabata_tree::dizzy::grinning:

4 Likes

Wow. Time flies. Yes, this was the famous BAMF shipping now! It’s been a year since I was in San Mateo. How things change. Narry a peep about it. Glowforge is there but doesn’t look like anyone else. I wish I could have swung it again. Someday. Maybe Chicago. Hard for me to do a weekend.

Thanks for all your contributions to the forum and sharing the experience if the first forge.

1 Like

I’m hoping some of the staff who attend take some pics…they’re etching the visitors’ cell phones this go round…looks like a heck of a lot of fun! :grinning:

1 Like

I was just thinking that mine is about a year old now too. I’ll have to go look!

Looking forward to seeing your next creations.

1 Like