One Year+ of Projects

A year and a couple months in, its probably time to post some of my projects that were made with the help of the Glowforge. I collect, customize, and create designer toys (aka “art toys”), as well as original art and custom display cases. The Glowforge is now an invaluable part of my toolset, hopefully my work can serve as inspiration if anyone gets stuck. Let me know if you want more photos or details on any of them.

Custom display lamps (figures designed by Jason Freeny)

Hanging display (“Ravenous” figure by Colus)

Custom Dero Bear/Display (figure by Jermaine Rogers)

The 13 Dunny series haunted display case (figures designed by Brandt Peters)

Illuminated display stand and base for custom Luna (produced in collaboration with The Bots/UVD Toys)

Custom vintage X-Wing Fighter Lamp

Rotating display case (figure by Huck Gee)

Misc. Display Cases

60 Likes

Mmmm. Like that rotating display case! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

What a cool collection. I really love the raven in the birdcage light fixture. Very inspiring.

3 Likes

Here’s some (most?) of the parts for that guy.

6 Likes

Your collection puts mine to shame! All the displays look great, but that Dero bear infinity mirror is especially great!

5 Likes

Thanks. That was for a huge Dero custom show at New York Comic Con. I still have no idea who ended up buying that guy, but it weighed a ton…

Here’s another infinity mirror medicine cabinet piece I did for Luke Cheuh’s series of “Prisoner” figures that I forgot to upload above.

19 Likes

I’m guessing you are pretty happy with your Glowforge. This is an impressive body of work, and it is wonderful to see a tool put to such good use. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

I’ve been very happy with it (and this is actually only a portion of the stuff I’ve made with it). I’m even more happy with the replacement I just got that has near dead-on alignment so I don’t have to eyeball my offsets anymore!

2 Likes

Where have been all this time! Very inspiring. Thank you.

3 Likes

That rotating stand is amazing!!!

1 Like

Thank you, I worked on that design on and off for about 6 months, but once I had everything settled the whole thing came together in a day and a half of laser and assembly.

1 Like

Very impressive. I haven’t really thought about display cases/stands as a use for the Glowforge-- great to consider!

3 Likes

Really outstanding work - Obviously professional. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I was previously making them using a CNC router, so much easier/faster/cleaner with a laser!

3 Likes

Just - wow!
Do you sell the plans? I love the Robotec case, ( I have the same model )would love to build one if you sell plans.

What did you use for the electronics?

Love the raven too. Heck, love them all. You’ve set the bar so high we may reach it … never more. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The plans aren’t currently for sale (I’ve had a few requests via Instagram for this display and am making them to order). Those Robotech figures are super badass.

The guts (non laser’d components)

1. 12v motor and controller
  2. DC jack
  3. 4 x 12v LED panels (under the platform)
  4. Rocker switch :metal:
  5. 12v LED strip (around the top)

This was sort of a follow up to a previous case (which now lives in France) that I made way back in my non-laser era (for another Huck figure). This one was CNC, 3D printed, and cast resin.

6 Likes

Ravenous is my fave!

2 Likes

fantastic stuff. inspirational. i need to start thinking display cases. we only have a few collectables like that (mostly amanda spayd dolls), i’d really have to think about materials since her stuff would look better in vintage style displays, but you have my wheels turning, which is a good start.

2 Likes

Probably the best work I’ve seen posted on here.

Your combination of design, art, cutting, finishing leads to some amazing results.

Please keep posting and inspiring us all!!

2 Likes