Operations Branch Teufelsberg logo

My husband is retired from the USAF, where he served as an East German intelligence analyst. He was lamenting that he didn’t have anything with their old logo on it, and asked me to see if I could recreate it for him on my GF from a photo he had. It was a good challenge for learning to create paths in Inkscape, and I’m pretty proud of how it came out.

52 Likes

It looks great! :grinning:

2 Likes

This turned out great!

2 Likes

Thoughtful and a great project!

2 Likes

Now that you told us that, he is going to have to kill all of us! An attempt by you to obtain all our GlowForge machines after he bumps us off! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Nah, there’s no East Germany any more, so it’s not a secret now. We’re safe. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You totally nailed it!

1 Like

Lucky for me he had a good photo! Once upon a time I was pretty decent with PhotoShop, but that was back when I could also jump up from a squat without groaning. :wink: I’m having to learn stuff all over again, now that there’s a GF in my life!

4 Likes

… and American Intelligence has entered the Witness Protection…

4 Likes

Buddy of mine is in AF reserves, Intelligence. When asked about it he said, “Hey, it’s a job title, not a requirement.”

5 Likes

Good one! :laughing:

Cool! One of my berlin cousins took me up there after the wall but before unification. (For those without close connections, the Teufelsberg is largely fill, built over the course of several years as the rubble of destroyed buildings was being cleared. Rubble had to be piled up inside the Allied Sector because cold war, so it’s pretty much the highest point in the city. Also expected to be the first target if anything went wrong…)

2 Likes

This must mean so much to your husband. You should definitely be proud of your work!

1 Like

Thanks! He is super happy with it. Which makes me super happy. :slight_smile: It’s now adorning a trinket box for his desk:

7 Likes

Hey bubba, you need to share your Palladium project here. That thing is AWESOME.

I think there’s a rule against sharing other people’s work, but I bet big sisters can have that waived, if little brothers don’t appropriately show off their own amazingness!

2 Likes