Orange lamp fault

What is indicated when All Stops and Teal/white lamp turns oarnge and will not reset with off power 2 minutes and on power??

Possibly an over temp limit?

Thank you for your reply to my orange/yellow light question.
I believe it is beyond over temp limit as I have turned the unit on after hours being off and after moment of “on” the lamp turns yellow/orange once more with no time to over temp and before unit seeks center etc.

Pro or Basic? What’s the temperature in the room?

It can be over or under temperature that causes that. What is the temperature in the room?

• Recommended Operating Temperature: 60F-75F (16C-24C) Basic and Plus; 60F-81F (16C-27C) Pro

The orange light has two primary causes: temp, or a bad connection with the white ribbon cable that attaches to the head.

2 Likes

Temp in the room 65 as always. Not a temp problem when it has worked for months and was turned off for over 2 hours then turned on and came up yellow/orange right off the bat.

Tony

Temp can be too cold as well as too warm. If you’re sure it’s a solid 65, though, that’s probably not it. Did you check your white cable connection to the head?

Yes I fixed it by finding the white cable disconnected as you stated and plugging it back in. I think it was a Cape Ann Triangle thing that let my 8 minute job run for 6 minutes then stop and turn on the yellow light. No other explanation seems to fit the fix.

Thank you for your help and for being the only one that came up with it.

Tony
Rockport MA

1 Like