Orange light button at first thing

The room is 75 degrees and the Glowforge off when I turn it on and the button glows bright Orange. The GFUI says it is calibrating but does not make any movement, leaving it running just heats up the machine without the exhaust running to cool it off so for now nothing is happening.

Basic? Likely too warm. I had this a while back on my pro earlier in the summer…82 and would just get the calibration message/yellow light. I guess the GF needs to get to operational temp range before you get an actual cooling/heat warning.
A few days keeping the workshop door open in early morning got it cool enough.

1 Like

When was the last time you cleaned the Fans?

The button is just a general indicator light of something is wrong. It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s too hot.

Believe Dan said at one point that it means something is wrong - check the UI. But, a lot of errors don’t make it into the UI.

I don’t have issues with overheating, but I have had an orange light when I partially disconnected the flat ribbon cable connector going to the head (but I didn’t discover that until I looked at the logs).

5 Likes

It is a Pro. This is the temperature in the bed (the red green break is 70 degrees),…

I turn it on and I get this…

i clean up frequently

Wow! I wish I knew about that 12 hours ago! I double checked just that issue and it would seem it was the same. I could not have sworn it was even loose but I made sure it was tight and it gave me a white light.

4 Likes

Your poor Glowforge thought that it had been decapitated.

Glad it’s fixed.

4 Likes

Was just a creek in the neck. I get that a lot literally, and today it was a pain in the neck figuratively as well.

I’m glad to hear you’re back up and printing. Thanks for the help, @jbmanning5!

I’m going to close this thread, but if you run into any other trouble please start a new topic.