Orange Light / Too Cold Warning / Cooling Down Warning / Prints don't finish

I have not had an issue with our glowforge pro since we purchased it a few months ago, but this last week has had all sorts of issues. Halfway into prints it stops to cool down and if I cancel the print it says too cold. I clean the machine inside and out very often so I know it is not from not taking care of it. I checked the lenses, mirror and window and they look fine. I also adjusted the filter since I have been seeing more fumes and smoke than usual as well, but that wasn’t the issue. Please advise at your earliest convenience, we have holiday orders piling up and no way to get them done with the pro stopping so often.

Thank you,

Sergio

I wonder if your filter is full.

Would that give me these errors? That’s the only thing I could think of as well but it has only been 6 months. Do the filters have such a short shelf life? Thanks for the help.

6 months sounds like a pretty good run for a GF filter. I’m betting @jeffreyp is right. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, I guess I’ll have to switch the exhaust to finish these until I can find a replacement. Thank you for your help and @jeffreyp as well. Hopefully this remedies the situation.

1 Like

Nope not the filter. Put it to exhaust out a vent and it is stuck on “too cold” now. Tried restarting the machine as well and no go. I’m going to have to contact the help center to get an assist via email because this is not working right.

What’s the temperature in your workroom?

1 Like

72-75 degrees. We have it in an air conditioned space.

You’ve already opened a support ticket by posting in this section. Don’t open another; that will just slow things down. :slight_smile:

I’m waiting for them to get back to me, hopefully soon. It seems the belt pulled off 2 of the cables by the coolant and I’m assuming is the issue. Faulty connection to coolant = temperature issues/errors I’m having. I’m waiting for a customer service member to get back to me because I will not run it again unless I get this resolved. Has anyone else had this issue, I’ve only had the GF Pro for a few months??.

1 Like

That would certainly do it. You could probably fix that without too much trouble, but if you’re under warranty then I’m with you, wait for Support.

Have seen one other. The person made the repair himself since GF does not provide a replacement cable. In that particular case it did not fix the error. Unknown why. GF suggested replacing the machine and worked with him via email.

1 Like

I hope they get back to me soon. I have holiday orders I need to finish and my hands don’t fit into that space so I wouldn’t even try to remedy myself.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I appreciate you taking the time to review your exhaust configuration, and let us know that the same snag is occurring when the filter is removed from the configuration. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge, and I’d like to take a look at some images from inside of your unit.

Assuming you’re using a smartphone, try these tips for great photos:

• Use flash
  • Zoom in using the digital zoom
  • Hold the camera/phone far enough back to get good focus.

Here are the photos:

Motor on the laser arm (and surrounding):

Inside, left of machine:

Pull the laser arm all the way forward.

Reach over the laser arm, and to the left of the inside of the unit and you’ll see this circuit board:

Left side of front door:

Send those photos over, and I’ll be happy to take a look.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.