Organization keychains

So my parents are very involved in the sport of Dock Dogs. If you’ve never heard of this, you should look it up, it’s pretty awesome. They have an event coming up (on Friday…) and they asked if I could make some merch for them to sell. Of course I said yes (as I always seem to do when someone asks me for something) and whipped up 25 of these little guys. Medium PG blue acrylic that I filled in with white paint. Let it all dry, peel off the masking and do some cleanup of the sloppy paint job lol. They were pleased with the results, and didn’t take long at all to do. If I were to do it again, and I’m sure I will, I may order some different acrylic that has a white core so I don’t have to worry about painting.

29 Likes

Results look great! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve never filled in colored acrylic before, got the idea from the forums haha

1 Like

Now all you need are ones that say, “Go Wildcats”…

2 Likes

Nice work! And yes I did look that up. Lucky pups. :dog:

2 Likes

They came out GREAT!

In my limited experience, it’s tough to completely remove the top layer. Sorry, that’s not exactly what I mean. I guess what I mean is that the top layer may leave little bits of itself melted into the bottom layer. So it’s not necessarily as clean as you might expect/want. That said, I’ve personally not cared… You can really only see it’s not clean if you look closely.

2 Likes

I might be able to do that haha

1 Like

Looks good.

2 Likes

One trick I used after discovering the problem. was to first spray with clear so all the sloppy bits were with clear and then go back with the real paint and all the leaky places are now blocked with the clear.

4 Likes

I will have to give that a try on the next batch, thanks!

1 Like