Ornaments and a Gift

Thank you all!

And you are welcome for the “secret”. People have shared so many tips and techniques on this site that have helped me, I’m happy that I could share this.

I look forward to seeing what others can come up with using the mirror film. :grinning:

4 Likes

A look at your finished work explains why you are “giddy happy” with your Glowforge. Thanks for sharing your photos and giving us some new technique ideas.

3 Likes

Truly awesome! Now build that on an Echo dot or similar and really freak out the guests at a party,

2 Likes

@rbtdanforth LOL! I love it! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh! Special note about that film if you’ve never used it before. There are two types, one that has the adhesive and one that doesn’t . I think for something like this mirror you will want to use the adhesive one since the other uses static cling to stay on the window.

If you get this film, its very hard to get the protective liner off the film with just your fingers. It almost appears to not be on there, but it is. I found this out the hard way. There are no instructions on how to get this off. I had to find out via a post someone made on Amazon.

To get it off, you need to use two pieces of regular Scotch tape. Put one piece of tape at the corner of the film and fold down the top edge to make “handle”. Put the other piece of tape on the other side of the same corner in the same manner then pull the two tape pieces away from each other. The protective liner should peel away from the film easily.

There is also an application kit that is well worth getting in order to apply the film. :smiley:

5 Likes

This is pretty brilliant. Great idea, and the execution turned out fantastic.

-T

2 Likes

Love the ornaments and the mirror. I’ve used that film on windows … yes, until you get the knack of separating it … it’s a bear. Beautiful work!!

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like