Ornaments and a Gift

I’ve been putting my GF through a workout these past couple of weeks making gifts for family and friends. I really love my GF! It just makes me giddy-happy that I can make customized gifts so easily with this machine! :smiley:

First off, a few simple ornaments. This one is for my son, who requested a present shaped ornament. Nothing too fancy but he loved it. :slight_smile:

I made several of these. One to keep and others to give away to friends.

And just because I could, I made one with a Yoda snowflake to give to one of our friends. I was truely impressed with my GF after it cut that delicate snowflake out. The cuts in the faces were so tiny, I thought it would break but it didn’t.

Now on to the fun stuff! Like so many on here, I’ve been experimenting with the LED lit acrylic panels. I really like those and decided to make something special for my best friend. She’s a huge fan of the Disney villains and after much thought, I came up with this. A magic mirror.

Please excuse the bad photos. I really need to make a light box. LOL!

With the LED lights off, you get a simple mirror.

But turn the lights on…

And of course, the back side with the famous quote.

I am sooo happy with how this turned out. At first, I wasn’t sure I could pull it off but it works beautifully. The face is 3D etched into clear acrylic. Its the first time I have ever tried the 3d etching and it turned out so unbelievable awesome!!! The photo really doesn’t do it justice.

42 Likes

I don’t know. That’s pretty wicked cool. I don’t recall seeing that technique before.

4 Likes

Oh wow! This is super awesome!!

3 Likes

Thanks!! As far as I know, I’m the first person. :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you!! :grinning:

That mirror is fantastic!

I also like the acrylic/wood ornament pairings. I have been trying to pick an ornament to make for everyone this year and am constantly changing my mind…

4 Likes

Whoa! That’s so unusual! Great technique! :grinning:

3 Likes

Really nice! well done!

2 Likes

Ohmygosh, what an amazing project! This is a genius idea. Now I want to get me some of that mirrored acrylic.

4 Likes

You had me with the ornaments, but then came the Magic Mirror. Wow!

Giddy-happy seems like the right term to use for the possibilities with this machine too :smiley:

4 Likes

Nice! Next step, voice recognition and speaker… :grinning:

5 Likes

That is really cool!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

@cynd11 Heehee! It’s not mirrored acrylic. It’s clear acrylic that I etched on the back side then applied Gila mirror window film to the front.

It’s because of that film that I was able to get the effect I wanted. Not sure if mirrored acrylic would work the same way. :grin:

13 Likes

That would be awesome!

Amazing! I just love that effect!

1 Like

Love it. Very creative.

2 Likes

For creative new technique you win the Internet today!

5 Likes

I love all the projects you’ve shared. The mirror light is fantastic. Thanks so much for revealing your secret (Privacy Mirror Adhesive)!! What a great idea!

2 Likes

Love the magic mirror idea and execution. Very cool!!!

2 Likes

Really nice projects. Thanks for documenting. The mirror adhesive is great. I can see this being used in many applications.

3 Likes