Ouija Tray for Halloween

Just fooling around. :smile:

Loaded an appropriately spooky swamp scene (which was great practice for testing the various impacts of the engraving settings) and then proceeded to slay some Basswood.

Topped the results with a sheet of clear acrylic so the planchette didn’t hang up in the engraving, and cut that out of flourescent green PG. It glides on the acrylic without anything else, so I left it simple.

It’s got hedgies. :wink:

47 Likes

That’s pretty groovy. I like it!!

4 Likes

I love the hedgies, of course. The backdrop is pretty cool, too. I really need to up my Halloween game!

5 Likes

But what does it mean if the hedgies are chosen???

4 Likes

They leave a surprise gift in your slippers.

11 Likes

Of course it does. :smiley:

Nice work!

5 Likes

You must have been inspired by the spirits from beyond. Nice work.

4 Likes

6 more weeks of chocolate

7 Likes

Chuckle! Wasn’t sure what the hedgies would mean…I was thinking “Great Good Fortune” and “Lookout You’re Toast” …but I think I prefer the idea of chocolates in the shoes! :rofl:

2 Likes

gorgeous - awesome work!
what size is it? how long did it take?

1 Like

Oh, it’s fairly small…I was originally planning to use it as a mouse pad, but the acrylic doesn’t work with the optical mouse I’m using…so it became a tray. (11" x 6.5") :smile:

It only took about 45 minutes to engrave … but I ran four or five different versions experimenting with scores (too dark) and different engrave settings…until I got one that I liked. I eventually wound up working the letter shadowing into the engrave in Photoshop instead of trying to score it…came out much more uniform, and made it pop.

2 Likes

thats awesome - looks great!

1 Like

Nice! With a swamp haunted by psychedelic hedgehogs.

4 Likes

What could possibly go wrong with my computer if I use a Ouija board for a mouse pad :smiling_imp::ghost::thinking:

8 Likes

Uhhhmmmm…yeah, didn’t think of that. :confused:

3 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! And really great idea to put acrylic over the top. And the little hedgehogs in the corners are the best <3

2 Likes

Sure, let’s go with that.

6 Likes

Oh, very cool! I really like that spooky swamp scene. And of course it has hedgies! (Autocorrect wanted that to be hedges, but I was firm.)

3 Likes

:+1:

Too cute!

1 Like