Our first print with the Glowforge

Pretty excited to share this - it was our first time using the glowforge. Now the obsession begins!

51 Likes

Welcome! You are off to a great start.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community. That’s a very impressive first print. I still haven’t gotten photos to engrave like I want them to.

5 Likes

Welcome! Great result…but, just the first of many wonderful things to come.

7 Likes

If you’ve never seen it, you might like #9 here:

3 Likes

Wow, great job for your first print!! Congrats and welcome!!

6 Likes

This is wonderful! I can’t wait to see what you’ll print next. Welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome job on that!

1 Like

Wonderful engrave!!!

1 Like

I think that’s a Border Terrier!? They are the best. (I have one). Finn is a very worthy subject for an inaugural cut! Kudos!

Damn! Looks great! Great detail

2 Likes

I made my first item today. I think the settings maybe off since the engraving wasn’t as deep as I expected. Bamboo cutting board. hat changes are needed? Also this was 50 minutes. I forgot to mask. Should I stain and apply cutting board oil?

W

4 Likes

Looks good. It’s luck of the draw when you’re engraving on bamboo. Bamboo is a grass and all the areas in it give different results when being engraved. Masking isn’t necessary unless you want to keep any charring to a minimum. Completely your choice whether to stain it and use any oil on it.

3 Likes

I mask when I want a consistent dark color on bamboo. After it engraves I hit it with a coat of Polyacrylic in Mission Oak. Then I pull the masking and treat it with a board butter (my mix is mineral oil, beeswax and vitamin e).

3 Likes

Thank you. How do you get a deep engrave?

Perhaps set your engrave to make more than one pass…or do some testing on a sacrificial board. Lower the speed a bit…raise the power a bit. My life with Glowforge has been built with testing.

3 Likes

Thank you.

You’re very welcome. Have fun while you figure all this stuff out. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks really good for bamboo. And a very nice design.

3 Likes

that is amazing and I can’t wait to learn how to do that!!!