Our house's moral support thread

Got ‘the email’ 9 days ago. Got the proofgrade stuff yesterday. Now the waiting has a whole different feel to it. My wife is even getting antsy, and that never happens.

Built a bench for it. Cleaned the room where it will go. Nothing left to do but keep checking to see if I have a shipment not. Ever try and not think about something, but then that makes it so its all you can think about?

Brian

18 Likes

Uh-huh! :smile:

1 Like

Try to remember what you use to do to make the Christmas wait go faster.
Did not work for me, but hey, never know…

2 Likes

exciting !!

2 Likes

I’m really new to the CAD software so have been trying to get as much information as I can. Youtube videos and just practicing in the applications. Mine will be here on the 28th, my golden email was the 5th.

Start a table-top game of Risk. (Not an electronic version. They go too quickly for this.) By the time you’re finished, your Glowforge will be there. Since Risk is awesome, you might not want to stop playing just to play with your Glowforge. It’ll be a tough decision. I hope you make the right one.

3 Likes

Ahh Risk… we used to play while waiting for our shift on motorpool guard. We used “nuclear rules” with chances of nuclear accident as well… and when someone would launch a nuke attack the attacker would walk over, kick the guard shack door open, and a loud “BA-BOOM!” Would echo through the motorpool… ahh good times…

1 Like

I think I have a copy of risk somewhere…

2 Likes

Venting in place yet? My Glowforge arrived before I had mine figured out and that made me stare at the GF box on my floor for a while, which is even more depressing than not receiving it.

4 Likes

Pics of the bench, please.

Sorry I missed this. I only have the one pic. If you want more I will take some. The plan is to add a shelf in the bottom section, and put a door to cover it.

Also That is my dog Wedge.

3 Likes

The top and the feet are solid maple. The Case is maple ply with a solid maple face frame.

Woodworking is a thing for me.

Brian

Great googly moogly…just got my tracking number. 2 weeks to the day from getting the golden email. It actually left their facility last night, so 13 days.

Brian

3 Likes

Put the door on the cabinet today. All ready for the GF when it arrives.

4 Likes

Pro tip: do not let your dog sleep on top of the GF. It will make the lid hard to open.

6 Likes

… or in…

Well don’t put the couch cushions on top of your glowforge, duh! :couch_and_lamp: + :dog2: = :hearts::hearts::zzz:

On the vehicle for delivery. Stuff’s about to get real.

-Brian

2 Likes

Excandesco is online! Really fast to set this up. 30 to 45 Min from when the box arrived until it was all configured. Did two test cuts…the founders ruler and the little measuring key chain. So cool I forgot to get pics!

Next up I am thinking of designing a plywood box for some tools I have. Unless I can’t wait that long…Then I will try another free something.

Brian

5 Likes

Congrats and looking forward to your postings!