Oven rack push/pull stick

30 some years ago I was given one of these sticks. It’s one of the first things I created with my GF, and this is my latest iteration. Cut two and glue them together for strength. There are two identical sets in the file. (Words on one side, blank on the other. You could cut just the blank ones and add your own words, of course.)

It’s a simple project but helpful.

I think I’oven stick mj.pdf (18.9 KB) ll be making them for inexpensive holiday gifts.

It’s ok to sell things you make with this file, but not the file itself.
:slight_smile:
Martha

32 Likes

Nice design. Great idea too. :blush:

3 Likes

I have no idea how an oven stick works, got a picture of one in action?

Screenshot of the design so you don’t necessarily have to download the pdf to satisfy your curiosity…

10 Likes

It stops you from getting this specific burn:

13 Likes

haha… oh…

3 Likes

(Not my image)

If you scroll down this guy’s page, you’ll see how he uses his. My oven is too dirty to demonstrate on!! :dizzy_face:

6 Likes

Oven burns are the worst. Professional bakers are hardcore, they usually have scars all over their forearms.

7 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Man, seeing all the work he has to do to make his, I’m so happy I have a laser!

6 Likes

Yeah! Me too! I’m sure the guy who gave me mine used a scroll saw.

4 Likes

I actually bought some of those made out of silicone once. (Didn’t work very well…wood would be better.) :sunglasses::+1:

6 Likes

Simple is always good. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

I found insulated wraps that snap onto the front of the rack that help to reduce the chances of such a burn (after the umpteenth time I got that burn!).

But the stick are great idea, especially when the oven is a low one!!

6 Likes

Oh my goodness!! I used to have one of these and it was the BEST! It got lost in one of our many moves and I mourn it often. Never thought to make one now that I have a GF! Duh! Thanks!

16 Likes

Two minutes ago I saw something similar on a video, and thought I need to work one up. Thank you for saving me the effort. I think I’ll really appreciate using it!!!

6 Likes

Forgot about these and I even still have one magnetized to the fridge.
I must have made a few hundred back when they were popular.
Looks like they are getting popular again.

4 Likes

Hope you don’t mind … but, want to make one for my daughter’s birthday, Oven Push-Pull Stick.pdf (3.0 KB)

8 Likes

I was thinking how nice they would be plasma cut and then heated and quenched in a strong magnetic field :grin:

Or you could cut just one in 3/8" Maple

5 Likes

Not all of us have your resources Tony :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes