Over heating problem

My glowforge has started to stay in a cooling cycle for up to 30 minutes at a time. The worse part is that it does this when it has been off for hours. So as soon as I turn it on it says it is overheating.

It is indoors, out of the sun , in a office with AC set to 76 degrees. Is this normal? It now takes me so long to do a simple engrave that it is just not worth the hassle.

Basic and Plus units have an operating temperature range of 60°F - 75°F. And running the machine causes it to heat up a few degrees.

So if you can lower the temperature by a few degrees around it, it will probably operate without the pauses for cooling as frequently.

You can also direct a fan at the air intake on the right side under the machine to blow the cooler air underneath. Might help. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Being in the Caribbean, and @neonkuku in Paraguay and @rodrigobrionesm in Chile we hit this early (I don’t have (now I have a portable), didn’t need A/C before this). Both had solutions before me. Keeping the forge open when its on (it heats up inside when running), directing A/C under the right side of the unit. And getting a walk in refrigerator all help (joke :smiley:)

The latest update helped me do a 4 hr job. YMMV.

4 Likes

Thanks guys. I will try those solutions.

Ran down to Walmart and grabbed a small fan. The laser actually spans a open area so I was able to get the fan right on the intake. Worked like a charm. Thanks again folks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer @Jules and @bkressley, I’m glad that worked for you @rwclarkjr. I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic.