Over the Moon about these updates!

Loving these new updates! This took 3 hours and 23 minutes to print. I ran it twice for a total of just under 7 hours of print time. Before the update, I would have had to either reduce the lpi or break the image up. I hate doing that. Thanks, Glowforge update people!

Scott

45 Likes

That is cool. Is it from a photo you took?

1 Like

Found the photo online. I wish my camera took photos like this! Lol

3 Likes

Did they push it? I haven’t cut anything yet today…I’ll have to check it out! Awesome! :grinning:

3 Likes

Yep. Not sure to what, but Ima find out!

4 Likes

That’s a really cool moon! What’s your plan for it?

2 Likes

It will be edge lit behind this:

28 Likes

Both the moon and tree are amazing!

3 Likes

Can you post a pic when you finish that? I have it imagined what it might look like…but I REALLY want to see it! Will be amazing I have no doubt. Wonder what it would be like if you had like red to yellow to white fade in on it… wow I wish I had this kind of creative imagination!!

4 Likes

I will definitely post the finished product!

2 Likes

What update are you referencing? How did the update allow the results you wanted?

1 Like

Look in the right-hand column of your GF home page – the latest update, which they are rolling out gradually, allows much larger file sizes.

2 Likes

That’s true, but I’ve not heard anyone yet who has said they have the new update available. You will notice that they ran a 3 hr. 23 min. engrave twice. 3.23 hours could very well have fit into the current buffer. I’m curious too…to know if they really did get the new update.

3 Likes

It refused to print this exact image with these settings two weeks ago. It would tell me it was too compmex, and that I could shrink it, change settings, or print in pieces. This time it ran it without a fuss. I assume it was updated.

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the combination!

1 Like

This is amazing! It’s so cool to see what you can push your Glowforge to do.

3 Likes

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the final piece!