Owl Mask

Thanks to Glowforge, dieselpunkro, and Adafruit (Monster M4sk), I made an owl mask for Halloween. I used it as a hat topper (you can see a bit of the black hat behind the mask).

Unfortunately, I only have this “almost complete” version to share. I used up the battery while “Halloweening” before I captured the finished project. (The eyes still need to be aligned, the edges need to be smoothed, and the ties are not attached.)

60 Likes

Awesome! :smile:

3 Likes

This is really cool and scary at the same time!

3 Likes

When I received Adabox013, I was like “whoa.” I still have to learn how to program the mask. New skills to learn. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Can’t imagine it being any better—this is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a long time! Bet it was a big hit on Halloween.

3 Likes

I’m glad I clicked play - the eyes!!! Love it.

3 Likes

Terrific! glad for you mentioning it. was thinking a crosseyed owl would be cool too.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s a real attention getter! The mask itself is great work, but those animated eyes are stunning. :star_struck:

4 Likes

Now I will spend days at Adabox

2 Likes

Amazing! Where did you get those eyes?

The link to the Adafruit Monster M4sk is up above in the original post. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh ok, Thanks!

2 Likes

So cool! The eyes are amazing.

2 Likes

Now there need be a movement sensor so you put the hat on a shelf but the eyes still follow you around a room. :grin:

2 Likes

I believe there is. :scream:

There is also a microphone port for voice modulation and a light sensor. There are different eyes available and more. I just have not had time to learn to use everything yet.

4 Likes

It could beat out the hat from Harry Potter

1 Like

Oh gosh! Do it!!!

There is a way to design your own eyes. I bet someone could match the Sorting Hat perfectly.

3 Likes

In that area, my mental reach exceeds my mental grasp :cry: I am still trying to get my 3d printer operational.

3 Likes

Ha! Me too. I have decided, once I have time, to try to figure it out. I’ve just never really dabbled in electronics, but am feeling the itch to start breaking apart small machines to see how they work.

3 Likes

Totally love this!

2 Likes