Owyn's: Another Monopoly Board

Man, you’re really making me want to personalize a Monopoly set! (I like the camp one best I think.) :smile:

6 Likes

Wow, this is fabulous! Both the execution and the idea behind it are simply wonderful :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Absolutely amazing! It should fetch a tiny sum, at least I hope so!

5 Likes

That is awesome! Certainly looks like it must have taken a ton of time!

3 Likes

Ok. You need to stop. I already have over 1000 “pinned” ideas on my lasercut board, and I check this place daily. (I don’t have an addiction, I can quit anytime I want to. I just don’t want to. You’re not the boss of me.) I don’t need you adding chit to the must-make list! Ok? Jeez! :wink:

12 Likes

How do you get such good colors in the cards and properties? It doesn’t look like sharpies or just regular paint to me.

2 Likes

It’s just acrylic paint. I engraved the areas that I wanted to paint at 50% power, to get the wood down to where the paint will stick. I left the masking on all around the area where I wanted to paint, and removed it when the paint was dry. Nothing fancy. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Mention of proofgrade warping caught my attention, I’ll have to look into this Owyn’s thing! Unfortunately, I doubt that the warp will come out of the Proofgrade you mentioned if it’s still there, from my experience.

2 Likes

That’s a great fundraiser idea and an excellent design all the way around.

3 Likes

Love the new board! Thanks for that svg as well, using a living hinge on the tray is a neat design element.

2 Likes

The board is stunning … Absolutely love the player pieces … And totally wowed by the banker’s tray. Thank you for sharing the file!

1 Like

I love this. I would like to make one with a golf theme. I would appreciate an email or call to discuss the specifics of this board.
Thanks,
Steve Jantz
mrjantz@cox.net
(405) 255-4157

2 Likes

I absolutely love this. I want to make one! Very clever and creative.

1 Like

The fundraising raffle for this board ends tonight. The raffle has raised $1,700.00 from 29 people. More than I expected, so I’m happy that it worked out.

7 Likes

Wow dude, congrats! $1700! woo hoo.

2 Likes

That is fantastic !!! That should help a lot of kids get to camp !

1 Like

What a tremendous project with a great cause. Congrats on $1700!

1 Like

Needed a way to give this board game away, so just went with a Uline packaging box and engraved the cardboard. Nothing fancy, but at least ready for transport to deliver the game.

4 Likes

Looks good! :grinning:

1 Like

If i was Glowforge I would hire you in a heartbeat. Truly magnificent.

1 Like