Paint Booth / Photo Box

I just assembled two of these PVC pipe frames

This particular one will be a paint booth. It uses a standard range hood with activated charcoal filters with a particulate pre-filter so that I can paint inside. I have ordered the adapter for outdoor venting so that I can attach a 4"inline exhaust fan to move more air.

The other one will have a chromakey (green-screen) backdrop and color balanced adjustable led strip lighting for project photography. Both will have a solid floor and turntable to rotate my projects. They measure 20"x20"x30" and combined cost less than $100 including lights and hood.

26 Likes

Nice! Another project idea.

3 Likes

I’m intrigued by your chromakey background. Can you elaborate on that? We take a lot of product photos but just use the standard white background. What do you expect to use the chromakey for?

3 Likes

Nice! Clever design. A nice portable photo booth can make all the difference.

3 Likes

A great way to go!

I found one of these (an old one) kicked on its side made a passable paint booth.

But a decent photo booth with good lighting has been much harder

3 Likes

hrm… you have me thinking about going to a habitat for humanity reStore to look for a cheap range hood (or just watching the reno going on down the street to see if they throw one out).

9 Likes

Heh, I wonder if you got the green one if it would serve as a greenscreen right off the bat!

1 Like

Here’s a pretty nice walkthrough:

3 Likes

I will use it mostly for promotions and products. I dabble with several different hobbies (laser, sublimation, airbrush, sand carving, photography, cooking, antique restoration, mastiff breeding … and more(not sure how long the “golden years” last so Im staying busy)) and just wanted a more polished way of sharing the photos.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.