Painters pyramid stands

Saw these posted in one of the laser cutting groups on FB and thought other people might find them useful for doing painting/staining/finish work.k

https://www.amazon.com/Painters-Pyramid-Stands-Yellow-KM1257/dp/B003L2DDAI

you can stand them in four corners or they can snap together to make a sort of plastic pin bed to put your objects on.

14 Likes

Perhaps a great solution for no-tray cutting, too!

3 Likes

i thought about that a little, but i would worry about what kind of plastic that is any time it got hit by a laser running through the material. and somehow i don’t think there’s an MSDS that comes with it.

1 Like

I end up making my own by driving a bunch of screws through a flat piece of wood. I use 3 screws spread out over the base of what I’m finishing.
My reasoning for this approach is that I want the stand to contact with the piece I’m finishing as little as possible. The screws make for a nice fine point that is very hard to see when I throw on wood finish. I usually finish the bottom of the piece, let it dry and then turn it over and finish the top so it any fine points you can barely see.

3 Likes

For those who have a 3D Printer…

2 Likes

LOVE these for woodworking. I have about 4 sets of em and use em all the time when finishing. Never thought to use em in the GF, probably wouldn’t.

And sure you could 3D print em, or save a butt ton of time and just buy a pack of 10 for $5 at Home Depot.

1 Like

yeah, i thought about that for a split second before posting. they’re too cheap to not just buy instead of make.

these pyramids are 99% styrene or HIPS. small chance they might be abs. would not be worried of pvc at all . (I work for a plastic sheet extrusion company).

2 Likes

I saw these at Home Depot the other day for $5 CDN

These are trivial to make with the GF too.

Just alter a box corner with a few 45 degree lines, and instant pyramids.

Like so:

4 Likes

Unless you are really, really pushing things - you likely aren’t cutting without the crumbtray due to thickness (>0.5”).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.