Painting Draftboard stuff with watercolor

I’ve had the machine since September and finally decided to post on here. Lately I’ve been makinga lot of things on draftboard because it’s cheaper but also it takes watercolor paint pretty well. Here are a few things I’ve done with it … Also a video of Christmas ornaments I made :laughing:

38 Likes

Your paint jobs are fabulous - and I adore the little Krampus!

4 Likes

I’m amazed that the Draftboard doesn’t warp with the watercolor. Really looks great! Draftboard also takes colored pencil really nicely—good for fine detail coloring.

8 Likes

These look wonderful. Great paint job!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for sharing some of your work. Your designs and color choices are terrific.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your work. The colors you have chosen are perfect for the items. I agree with using draft board for projects that require painting. Acrylics, watercolors and colored pencils all look better on draft board than any other surface.

3 Likes

Great paint job

4 Likes

Those are gorgeous paint jobs! Beautifully done

3 Likes

Love the dice tower! I haven’t tried watercolor on draftboard, but will now!

2 Likes

Great paint jobs! Did you prime it first?

2 Likes

That’s amazing! Been wanting to try watercolor on DB but hadn’t gotten around to it yet. Would be a much better way of coloring bigger areas instead of markers, that’s for sure!

3 Likes

nope just painted directly on it, cuz I’m impatient XD

1 Like

excellent! My friend makes the cookies that you use with cookie presses and managed to get a Krampus cookie press for her husband for Christmas. He was TASTY!

2 Likes

Isn’t that a drag?