Pandemic Board Game: Custom Hardwood Inlay Game Board

My second major project on my Glowforge. All hardwood (Maple, Black Walnut, Mahogany, Padauk) inlay Pandemic compatible game board with a custom storage box.

Available at my Etsy store at: https://www.etsy.com/listing/862377590/pandemic-board-game-custom-hardwood

43 Likes

I LOVE it when people make board games with the :glowforge:!

I LOVE it even more when it is done well!

I LOVE it even MORE when it is a game I love!

Great job!!

11 Likes

Excellent inlay and use of materials.

7 Likes

Beautiful board for a great game! And very timely making it in 2020…:wink:

4 Likes

Nice job! I really like the puzzle piece board design. That’s a cool idea.

5 Likes

That looks great. I played the Pandemic Legacy games (season 1 and 2), where you have to mark up the board. I would not feel good marking up your board.

5 Likes

this is beautiful; I love how it’s modular.

The players in Perth are probably going to complain, “Couldn’t he have moved this inlay a few hundred kilometers closer to Africa?”

3 Likes

Beautiful work!

3 Likes

Yea, I was toying between using magnets to snap the board pieces together and this puzzle piece design. I opted for the puzzle piece, but might try my next game board with magnets to decide which I like better.

2 Likes

Another option, as your boards look to be more than one layer, is to use the puzzle piece on the lower level, but have the edges of the surface boards cut straight.

2 Likes

When Legacy rules tell you to mark the board, just put it under the laser again? :smile:

3 Likes

Oh my! (insert George Takei eye wiggle here)

That’s one of my favorite games - and that board is off the charts!

4 Likes

Wow! Very impressive!

1 Like

Just…wow…

1 Like