Paracord cinch for adjustable face-mask straps

really like this cinch. I made masks for my husband and me. This works great. Thanks

1 Like

My mom has been making masks and looking for ways to make them more adjustable. She tried the cinch but it was a little tricky to use so she requested a single hole version. I took the same hole from the paracord cinch and just put it in a circle. I found 1/4" to work much better then 1/8". With 1/8" the cord seems to want to loosen up. With 1/4" it seems to hold the cord in place.

6 Likes

This Paracord nay Elastic Cinch is the bomb! I’m using 1/8" elastic in these masks I made for coworkers at a medical clinic where I work. We started using this pattern because it doesn’t go around the ears, it has a pocket to hold a filter if needed, it can be put on one-handed, and you don’t have to touch the mask to take it off. I sized up the file to 1.25" to make it easier to fit the elastic through. It holds the cinch really well. Thanks for the file!!

5 Likes

Awesome, I’m glad the cinch worked out for you! I’ve started up-sizing the file for paracord as well, I should note that in the original post.

1 Like