Parametric Pencil Box

Awesone, me too! :smile:
Can you please share the .ai file?

Best regards, Guido

I don’t think i saved it in ai only exported it as svg but you can open the svg in illustrator and edit it

Ooh, thank you!

I used your file to make my 5 year old a pencil box with some of his monster and snake drawings. We just used draft board and it came out great. Thanks for sharing!

That’s awesome!

Parametric…

Parametric design is a process based on algorithmic thinking that enables the expression of [parameters] and rules that, together, define, encode and clarify the relationship between design intent and design response. In other words the box was created using a procedural algorithm where i entered the dimensions and everything, including the joints were generated automatically

Ahh, makes sense, I suppose. :wink: Colloquial maker usage indicates a design which can be customized by the end user, so it is a little surprising when the “parametric” design actually turns out to be fixed.

We can probably blame Thingiverse for changing the definition! :wink:

So, did you use symbols in Adobe Illustrator for the finger joints? Or a plug-in?

Everything bit the text and picture were procedurally created including the joints