Passes at Glass

That material is heat resistant… not really good to etch with… also the finish comes out kind of bubbly in the image… Regular Glass And cast acrylic etch well… but borosilicate glass is heat resistant…

1 Like

SO nice! Sucks it wasn’t completely to your liking. But I’d certainly call it a success!

1 Like

Actually, I’m quite happy with the piece, despite forgetting the protective film – wasn’t needed in this case.

3 Likes

Oh good! Me too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I’m sorry, I just have to ask if your settings were really 10 speed? Was that a typo? Your iris below turned out so lovely and I really want to nail it :slight_smile:

I think it would be 10 power 150 speed 270 LPI … as it wouldn’t make sense for 150 power :slight_smile:
I tried these settings but did not get a good etch, then I realized this was not en engrave he did but a cut (that just mimics an engrave :open_mouth:

Nope – it was an engraving, not scoring.
You’re right on the settings, though, it was power/speed/lpi. One thing to keep in mind is that vase was done on. Pre-release GF and the software & settings have changed since then.

1 Like