PAX East 2016

Hello fellow … Glowfolk? Forgers? What are we called?

Anyways, I wanted to see who in the world of Glowforge is going to be going to PAX East this weekend. I’ll be there all 3 days.

I know @PDWarne is going to be there showcasing what looks to be an awesome gaming system.

Who else is going? Are you an attendee or an exhibitor? Both?

1 Like

You Americans seem to take the whole gaming thing very seriously and it seems to have entered your popular culture in a way which we just don’t have in the UK. I’m sure we do have conventions, but nothing like your ComicCon and such.
Shame it looks like fun.

1 Like

Boston is only a hop across the pond from you! Easy to pop over, go to PAX East, then head back. :smile:

1 Like

I WISH I was going to PAX east. So many good costumes and other cool stuff will be there. argh…

1 Like

Glowforge investors & owners Max Temkin, Jordan Weisman, and Elan Lee will be there, I believe.

2 Likes

My favorite Cosplay (mostly because I’m a huge FMA fan):

5 Likes

It was a busy weekend, but I finally got to meet up with @PDWarne on Sunday. It was nice being able to meet people from here in the real world (although I don’t know if PAX would qualify as the real world). Got to talk to him about his game and the Glowforge for a little bit before I ran out to get lunch.

2 Likes

I havent seen that yet! Killer!

Was good to meet you @joe - hope you made it home safely. Saw several interesting laser-cut tabletop games at the show, including Breaker Blocks:

He has several game-related, laser-cut works at his site (Jake also made all the PAXe Megabooth Tabletop creators a laser-cut ink stamp which turned out amazingly well)

1 Like