Pegboard bit / small tool holders

No need to be sorry! Take all the time you need, you’re doing something for me out of the kindness of your heart!

Thank you for sharing.

Just trying to finish the fingers on the new extension and then I’ll cut a test one to see how well it works.

I’m going to make a separate holder for my zip ties (my pegboard is pretty full and I want them on a different section) so I’ll post those too. Essentially it’ll be 3 boxes of different heights.

2 Likes

Ok - just finished - I have NOT test cut this yet, but I’ve worked through it several times in CAD and it should work fine. I’ll test cut the pieces tonight and see how it all fits, but if you want to give it a go you can.

In theory this will work for any 1/8" material. I’m using hard board from Home Depot but Medium Draft board would also work. I’ve extended the end out to make a 6" high box on the end. The internal piece I rounded the inside cut as that will add some strength. I glue that support pieces to the inside walls as well, so no extra nubs are needed. It’s really there just to keep bits upright and from sliding around.

@ deirdrebeth
2022 0329 Bit Holder - box at end Model.pdf (25.7 KB)
Let me know if this works and if you have any other modifications you’d like!

2 Likes

That looks fabulous - I’ll get it run this weekend :smiley:

I’m going to run it tonight - I’ll let you know how it goes.

Wait no - completely wrong. need to create the back…

2022 0330 - Full Sheet - Peg Board Bit Holder w Bin - 1.pdf (25.6 KB)

2022 0330 - Full Sheet - Peg Board Bit Holder w Bin - 2.pdf (4.4 KB)

Apologies - I realized that the back section didn’t have the L shape covering the back of the box. So I had to redo the model (essentially copying the front piece and adding the holes for the pegboard hooks) and then re-plot.

Unfortunetly this isn’t on one sheet anymore - it’s a full sheet for most, and then a small piece for the short side of the raised box. I suppose I could fit it on a sheet and then do the hooks separate - but either way it all won’t fit on one sheet.

I can try to minimize cuts and share cutting lines between pieces, just more work in CAD and I wanted to get this up here as I’ve been promising it for weeks! I’m going to try a print now to see how it all fits together.

4 Likes

Grab the latest - I’ve updated the main sheet twice.

2 Likes

Thank you!