People who ordered months after the campaign are getting their Glowforges?

I participate in the forum but I have not entered my info into the spreadsheet, and don’t intend to. I want my GF, but I’ll get it when I get it. I don’t have to fret and follow day to day to see where my name is on the list as compared to others. It wouldn’t get me my machine any sooner, but would amplify the anxiety of waiting. And I don’t need that.

Good things come to those who wait.

7 Likes

I still say they are hiding something, but I just realized… what do we know about the person who “owns” this spreadsheet? What if they are a glowforge plant to sow dissension? Maybe one of us has said something at one point on the forum that hit too close to the truth?

And I for one find this solar eclipse suspiciously timed, it’s clearly an attempt by glowforge to distract us from whats really happening with deliveries. It would be just like Dan to control solar systems orbits to make us forget about the truth. . . If I disappear after sending this, don’t forget, never forget!!!

9 Likes

You ask why someone would bother using a spreadsheet of incomplete data to postulate the percentage of units shipped. That’s simple. It’s because we aren’t being given that information openly. If Paul is correct, and I’m guessing he is closer than anyone would like to admit, there is almost no chance that the 10/31 deadline is met. That’s why. I’m still rooting for the GF folks and hoping he is way off, but statistically everything he presented makes sense based on the info available. His estimates, even though they are based on limited information, are a lot more reliable than anything being shared with us. If the schedule is going to slip, we’ll know from looking at the spreadsheet a lot sooner than we’ll hear it from Dan in an update. That’s not being negative, it’s just being realistic based on the information we have.

9 Likes

Since so many people have come to this thread to make an announcement about whether they like the spreadsheet or not, I propose a new spreadsheet be created so that we have a more accurate idea of the ratio of people who like it and use it and people who don’t like it and can’t stop themselves from trying to make everyone else dislike it as well.

20 Likes

I’ve had my fill of spreadsheet talk.
It could go away or not but I’m done.
Removed my info and that is the last I’ll speak of it.

6 Likes

I’m on the spreadsheet (Nikkisixx) mostly for fun but it does give me more
anxiety! I looked at it today and have come to a conclusion based on no
facts, honestly a pure guess that I should receive my golden email this
time next month. Still debating about cashing out and going on a booze
filled blackout cruise to Mexico. Either way a girl can dream, right?

10 Likes

Please don’t cash out. We don’t even know you yet. I am sure you have many great ideas that we would like to learn.

2 Likes

If you look at the people who dislike it, most either have a machine or stand to get one early, so it is no surprise they dislike it.

@cbarker, please can you add an “emails last 7” column. That does make it look more positive as it shows there is some ramp up.

1 Like

Prompting Google to ask why this random account has so much traffic going to some spreadsheets…

4 Likes

I think 10 people were looking at it last night when I was on.

Somebody has sorted it alphabetically by name, which has screwed it up. Is it possible to disable sorting?

1 Like

I fixed it.

Unfortunately I don’t know of a way of disabling filters without protecting the whole sheet, which defeats the purpose. That’s why the banner at the top exists.

1 Like

Unfortunately the comments down the right hand side did not get resorted, so they are all over the place.

Realized that after I re-filtered it. That should be fixed now too.

1 Like

I hope after all this is done, Someone from Glowforge would at least give us some idea how close or Far off the Spreadsheet was to what was actually happening.

I spent a few minutes looking a few weeks ago, so this is more an impression than an analysis. But the correlation between the spreadsheet and the actual data looked poor, and most of the forecasts I’ve seen in the forum as a result don’t look like our data or our forecasts.

But again, this was based on a short glance, and my impression may be wrong.

18 Likes

That is good to hear, of course if it is from the right side :grinning:

I really do appreciate being corrected by @dan considering he has all of the info at hand. Waiting very patiently for this grand and wonderful tool. :glowforge::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes, I feel the same way. Although the only info that really matters is the info you get from UPS saying yours is out for delivery!

6 Likes