Periodic gift

Ha! I’ve been brainstorming a method of making simple, effective wall displays. The bigger RV would be nice, but anything bigger will definitely exceed the capabilities of this Toyota Tundra… so now we are talking new truck and trailer :grimacing:

5 Likes

We can do that.

9 Likes

You oughta see some of the $$$tuff I see. Crazy.

8 Likes

I have a nice 40"er that just needs some tlc from just sitting.

5 Likes

That’s what a couple of friends I know did. Sold everything here in GA, bought a toy hauler and tractor, and live riding their dirt bikes out west. They can put the bikes on the back, or their jeep. They tend to put the jeep there, as it only has to come on and off once, and they usually stay in one place for weeks at a time. They both “work” from home.

Three years now. They have a blog, it’s a “thing”, hundreds of people doing it (they have annual get-togethers).

6 Likes

HA! That’s just a mobile home that was never delivered to the trailer park.

3 Likes

At a multiple of the cost, I’m guessing. Basically, it’s all custom-built off of an 18-wheeler trailer frame. And then the custom job on the loading ramps for the Smart car (goes out either side or down the back)

2 Likes

Not at all. Toy haulers on that scale are commonplace. They’re not custom built on a trailer, they’re no different than any other RV or travel-trailer other than scale. You take a couple of steps up like any other RV. Designed primarily for full-size pickup 5th-wheels, but people who plan to use them as more than an occasional hobby pick up small tractors like the one above, and convert them to the task. There would sometimes be dozens at large equestrian events, even more at race tracks. Several of my friends have them as weekend “cabins” for radio control modeling events. The garage is a mobile workshop.

Your next rig

6 Likes

Sweeeeet! I thought you’d used colored acrylics. That’s a great effect. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m aware of what a toy hauler is and what the prices in general are. I’m describing what is in the picture above, which is not a standard 5th wheel (that folks, like you say, do pull around with tractors). The entire trailer is custom built on a tractor-trailer frame.

https://spacecraftmfg.com/showcase/57-semi/

3 Likes

That might be is nicer than many of my apartments…roomier too. It has a fireplace :fire:!!!

Of course I could probably buy my current condo for what that goes for so…

2 Likes

Got it. From the low-res pic, it looked like a standard toy hauler. Zooming in, I can see differences - like the porch and staircase! :smiley:

1 Like

As others have said, very clever cover and display!

2 Likes