Perpetual Calendar - Wood/Acrylic

Still doing some fine-tuning, but this is my first “from scratch” design since I got the Glowforge. (I did buy the .svg for the patterns behind the numbers.) My original plan was to use magnets to affix the days of the month, but it was too uneven - couldn’t consistently get the button magnets flush without breaking them.

So this is cut from a single random piece of non-proofgrade oak, sandwiched between two pieces of proofgrade medium acrylic and held together by basic aluminum screw posts. There area few patterns I will eliminate from the mix, and I will likely stain future iterations. :slight_smile:

This is an earlier version, just so you can see what the pieces look like.

33 Likes

That turned out really nice! I was wondering how you changed it out. Thanks for the description!

3 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: I appreciate it.

Wow, that is very cool! I haven’t seen a perpetual calendar made that way before. Very clever!

3 Likes

interesting design, I like the “acrylic sandwich” to hold the day discs.

3 Likes

I like the addition of the leaf by October.

2 Likes

Thank you!! I’ve got some ideas for how to improve it, but I was pretty happy with the first couple attempts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Without magnets, pegs, or a tighter fit, I couldn’t think of a way to make it work otherwise, but I kind of like the “sandwiched” look. :slight_smile:

Thank you! Only 11 more months to design. :joy:

3 Likes

Very handy and lovely and decorative!

3 Likes

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That turned out really nice. Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Very nice design! Great work!

2 Likes

Thank you! Lots of really creative people here… I feel inspired! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like your design. Great job!

1 Like

I honestly thought this was styled after a Connect 4 board. How cool to dump all the days at the end of the month, and be like “Phew, lived through another one!” :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

4 Likes

Very nice

2 Likes