Personalised Leather Bag Charm

I tried to make a personalised charm for a customers leather bag. I make all my leather bags but not with the Glowforge, as most of the leather I use is chrome tanned. My original thought was to make my logo PJ for PusJusLeather but personalisation seems way more popular.

44 Likes

Those turned out very classy!

5 Likes

These are great! Your bags look lovely as well!

5 Likes

Beautiful leather work and enhanced with the :glowforge: personalized tags. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Very nice bags and tags!

4 Likes

Very nice and a great niche market I bet.

1 Like

That is such a great idea!
Why should the kids have all the fun of hanging things from their backpacks!

4 Likes

What I can see of your bags is gorgeous!

2 Likes

You are fine to laser chrome tanned leather. Chromium itself is not used in tanning. Hexavalent chromium (chromium salt, Cr6+) USED to be used and that is a carcinogenic. But it hasn’t been used in some time. Now they use a different chromium salt; trivalent chromium (Cr3+) which is actually in some dietary supplements, and you can get it from chicken and eggs. And they’ve done tests with lasers and chrome tanned leather and shown it to be safe. Sites are generally getting synthetic leather and chrome tanned leather lumped into the same category which is patently wrong. Synthetic leather bad… chrome tanned leather… fine.

7 Likes

I thought certain ones were ok.

In regards to synthetic leathers? There might be a few out there. But generally they have plastics in them and that’s usually bad. Have to check the safety sheet to be sure.

3 Likes

If you are interested this is the link to one of my catalog designs. Blank shapes that can be personalized.

1 Like