Personalized Flashlight

As part of the uniform at work, the servers carry a flashlight. I engraved a flashlight for a co-worker. It turned out even sharper looking than i expected. Also, i had to make a little jig to hold it without the crumb tray, that’s the other (wooden) stuff in the pictures.

36 Likes

Nice job, that is really sharp. And I like that you can use the laser to make tools to use the laser!

Is it anodised aluminium? I might have to try engraving some just because it seems to turn out so good.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly what it is. I’m going to order more just to make little gifts of.

1 Like

Great job. That really came out wonderful.

1 Like

Very nice and I like your jig setup! :grinning:

2 Likes

Very nice and I like the self-centering jigs. Clever! You’ve made me re-think jigging for an upcoming job involving very small AA cylinders-- rather than form-fit, I can use curved jigs and let them to the finicky bits. :smiley:

2 Likes

AA is one of my favorite materials to work with. Here’s a source for really cheap AA items for testing & experimentation:

http://chewbarka.com/special-offers-c-100/

4 Likes

Yes, i figured it doesn’t need to be held down, let gravity do the work. Also i can use it for larger (or smaller) tubes as well.

I’ve actually had light items blown around by the air assist to the point where the engrave is deformed.

1 Like

oh wow… nice engraving and nice jig… I’ll be needing to do this jig thing with a couple items i have in mind

1 Like

Looks really good… Oh man, I can’t believe I hadn’t thought to engrave any of my MagLights!

3 Likes

Sweet project!

1 Like

What setting did you use for the flashlight?