Personalized Pill Boxes

We just moved my parents out of their living facility and next door to us, so now it’s MY job to organize their medications so the caregivers know what to give to whom, and when.

The multiple times per day / one week boxes that are available for purchase have sections that are too small to hold all of Mom’s pills, plus they come with markings for “morning,” “noon,” “evening,” and “bedtime,” which doesn’t fit either of my parents’ med schedules. Mom has one pill that has to be given with dinner, and Dad has both breakfast and dinner meds. Given without a meal, they won’t help and might even hurt, so I needed to do better than the tiny squares of sticky notes I was using to try to communicate the proper times for them to be given!

Enter Glowforge. I found some 7-day boxes with larger compartments and glued them onto acrylic cutouts with Mom’s name and when the medication is to be given. It’s working great; no caregiver confusion, and I don’t have to set out pills every single day as I had been! Now I just need to get a set made for Dad! :slight_smile:

60 Likes

This is great. Anything that makes day to day stuff a little easier is gold.

19 Likes

Also anything that gives me a good excuse to do some designing and Glowforging despite the million other things on my to-do list! :grin:

26 Likes

Fabulous and very helpful iteration!

16 Likes

What great practical cuts! I am certain that the caregivers appreciate the clear instructions and ease of use.

17 Likes

Fantastic! And oh so colorful!

15 Likes

Love these! And so cheerful.

13 Likes

LOVE IT! Great job!

10 Likes

Yay for getting your parents home! Knowing it adds more work for you, but also knowing it brings joy to everyone! This design is absolutely fantastic. Now you just need a little GF-made tray to keep them in so they don’t get scattered around! Great job!!

12 Likes

What a great idea, I know that the older we get the more things like this would come in handy!

7 Likes

Awesome work! Those colors really pop!

6 Likes

I need to do that for me! I am terrible remembering whether I took my pill or not :frowning:

9 Likes

Great solution Ruth!
It´s a triple play, you made an simple, safa, elegant and useful solution for your parents, you save a little time in your daily routine, and you get a chance to excercise your :glowforge: muscles.

9 Likes

These are wonderful. I’m sure they feel the love every time they reach for them!

7 Likes

This is a phenomenal use of the glowforge. Awesome work.

8 Likes

Brilliant solution!

6 Likes

Excellent idea to keep them straight!

4 Likes

Great! I know I would have appreciated these when I was caring full time for my mom (many illnesses and dementia) and my older sister (multiple myeloma and dementia from hypercalcemia)

7 Likes

I just keep coming back at these to look at and think…how creative! Great job!

5 Likes

Great idea, and perfectly executed!

4 Likes