Perspective

Seriously! I figure the address request will be hard for me to miss since there are like 6,000 ahead of me, and the event is bound to show up here in the form of squeee…

8 Likes

You got that right! :squeeee::squeeee::squeeee:

5 Likes

Have a great Thanksgiving, all of you! :relaxed:

6 Likes

You too! :grinning:

As a matter of fact, since i’m going to have a hard time wishing everyone Happy Thanksgiving individually, (there’s an awful lot of y’all now), I’ll just leave my Thanksgiving blessing for everyone here:

May your guests be moist, and your turkeys behave.

(or have I got that backwards?..) :smirk:

21 Likes

Nope you got it right…I think. - Rich

2 Likes

Wasn’t the squeee supposed to transform upon delivery?

3 Likes

Hopefully my family will understand what’s truly important as I pass out IOUs this Christmas. :grin:

10 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to all… and may the last month of 2016 bring you happiness to last a lifetime… Happy crafting, lasering (Is this a word?), leather, engineering, wood, electronics projects for everyone, sooner or later we will all have our GF, in the meantime I’ll take @printolaser advice! Thank you all for sharing your knowledge in all matters…

6 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! :turkey: :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf:

BTW I’m just throwing out ideas here, could we hack the GF in order to fit a turkey in it and then carve it?? You could also brown it too… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Everybody stretching out ( to fight off the crowds) and plotting their routes for Black Friday???

1 Like

Around here (southwestern New Hampshire), we celebrate Plaid Friday to encourage shoppers to visit locally-owned businesses. A lot of stores offer discounts or other incentives to anyone who comes in wearing plaid. I’ll be visiting stores that carry my products dressed like I’m dressed in this postcard and poster available at those stores.

14 Likes

Have you posted that card here before? I could have sworn that I’ve seen that before.

3 Likes

Yes, I think I posted it on the Show and Tell thread.

4 Likes

Any more I celebrate Black Friday by sleeping in a little. Most of the big chains haven’t updated their sale fliers in years and the limited quantities available make me mad. Most our shopping is done on line anymore and those sales tend to start at the beginning of November. If I’m with some family that wants to go out I’ll do it for the fun of it, but seldom buy anything.

5 Likes

This year I have been elected to stay and have Thanksgiving with mom who is in the hospital right now. Everyone else is heading to Iowa for a meet up (five siblings and all the ancilliary crew). I have a niece who is finishing up her treatment for lymphoblastic leukemia. She has done super well and the prognosis is excellent after her last consolidation treatment. It will be a big celebration for everyone.

That’s my perspective this year. I am happy to be able to spend time with mom all to myself. She’s 91 and is still coming up with things she never talked about before. What she has lived through is just amazing.

14 Likes

A great treasure my friend. “When an old man dies, a library burns down”.
Our best wishes for everyone are with you.

9 Likes

Enjoy your holiday. Sounds like a great way to spend it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bless your heart…and your mom’s, too. It is a precious time. My mom passed away two years ago…the day before Thanksgiving. Seems like forever, seems like yesterday. I was exceedingly fortunate to have my mom around for 69 years…as she was 103 when she passed. We too, shared many memories of long ago that few are left around to remember. Have a wonderful time.

5 Likes

Healing wishes to your mom and your niece, and Happy Thanksgiving to you.

4 Likes