Pet Rocks

I may have seen it all … 65/85 dollar pet rocks straight from Los Angeles (?) in a leather carry case… or something to the effect! I assume customized leather carry cases would make them worth more?

22 Likes

OH the markup!
Get ready to make grundles of money!
We can personalize these bits of gravel.
[sarcasm]

11 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Why not customize (engrave) the rock too? Certainly doable with a laser.

5 Likes

I can sell you some great snake-oil to rub on your beloved pet rock, so that it won’t feel a thing when you engrave it.

12 Likes

Owning a pet rock is an expensive responsibility… You dont want your lovely pet to walk around naked for everyone to see :fearful:

29 Likes

Speaking of rocks… I’ve had to start etching with a sandblaster to manage my eagerness for my GF. Of course I used two materials that may not be easy to laser. A dear friend just walked the Camino de Santiago, so I did these for her.

31 Likes

MUCH better use of rock!

8 Likes

Wow! The polish on the black granite gives a soft, yet pronounced contrast. Very nice. What is the blast media?

I use 150 grit Aluminum Oxide. I originally bought the setup to use an air eraser for cleaning up the laser cut burn marks, but then with the delays, I upped my air tank and blaster nozzle. If anyone is interested, I can share my beginner setup assembly.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Yes Please. I’m considering building a setup in the future. You should start a new topic for this. :grin:

2 Likes

BTW - The shiny sheet is glass with black, rubberized spray on the back, but you could use polished granite. The one that looks like a rock is the granite.

1 Like

I’ll take some pics and post under a new topic when I get a chance. Lots to do before the big snowstorm hits Wisconsin this weekend.

2 Likes

Really nice! I did dthe camino in 2012, double length from Le Puy, France. I have a place on my pizza over set aside for some type of stone or ceramic scallop shell since it is named St. Jacques in honor of all the communal ovens I came across in my French section. These would do nicely!

2 Likes