Phone cover

Oh wow.
I am glad that I am not in supply chain management.

Our current fridge ices over and stops cooling anything every two weeks.

We ordered a fridge from Home Depot in August, it was supposed to arrive at the end of August, they called and delayed it till October, then October came along and they said the fridge was discontinued and we would get the new model in November, then November came along and they said they wouldn’t get the fridge in until maybe January.

Ahhh!

2 Likes

When we purchased our home there was lots of cosmetic changes we were going to make. I was not ready to purchase a refrigerator. We lived out of a cooler for five months. It was not that bad.

If I were you this is what I do. Cancel the order at Home Depot and get a refund. Call a commercial appliance business in your area and purchase a commercial refrigerator.

2 Likes

Well to be fair, the base model is 49K. The top trim level (High Country) is 75K. He might want to check other dealers or decide whether he really needs all the stuff in the High Country plus be willing to pay a 20% dealer surcharge.

Things are the price people are willing to pay. If the dealer can’t get a sucker at 90K then they may try 80K or even 75K. Or the customers may decide they don’t need every whizbang gizmo add-on and suffer through having just front heated seats or 8 speakers instead of 10…or even maybe choose a different cheaper car :scream:

2 Likes

When he told me the price of the Chevy Tahoe. We had a come to Jesus meeting real quick. I told him he was out of his mind!!!

He also said another SUV dealer told him —- every car on the lot was MSRP and $10,000 added.

Looks like Eric and I are going to be driving our cars until the day we die. We are not in an income bracket to even purchase an automobile that’s $40,000.

1 Like

My wife said she wants me to bury her in her car (I got her a red convertible for Valentines a few years ago). Generally we drive our cars until we use them up. I have four kids so there’s a lot of hand-me-down car passing going on. Typically they don’t get rid of one until it’s hit at least 200K miles.

I always figure that if I replace an exhaust or do the timing chain & water pump or alternator or anything more than the cost of a battery then I need to drive it more to get “my money out of it” :slight_smile:

Besides with the way most cars are built now, 100K is nothing and it’s not really that hard to get 250K out of a car if regular maintenance is done.

Most people buy cars because they want to, not because they need to.

1 Like

Our '02 Lexus is hands-down the best car I’ve ever owned. It’s coming up 20 years old this next year and is at about 106 k miles. I take excellent care of it and it is now officially one of those cars that a little old lady only drove once a week or so. I’m really hoping I won’t have to get another car…ever…but I guess that depends some on how good of mileage the actual little old lady herself gets in coming years. :roll_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face: :grimacing:

3 Likes