Photo engrave disaster

That is not my experience, but of course the dots can’t be smaller than the kerf.

The only commonly used dithering method, as far as I know, where the points change size is ordered dithering, which is why you get the crosshatch effect.

The others, Floyd Steinberg, Jarvis etc. all maintain the same point size in the dithering conversion - they just spread them apart, or move them closer to get the perceived changes in tone.

2 Likes

You-da-man but if the min and max dot distance is settable and LPI sets the min and max dot distance, It would seem a confusion. 450 lpi with the widgets at max will be slower than 120 lpi with the widgets closer, When I did some experiments I thought they were smaller. and the low LPI looked blotchy.

So is this why my test image came out great on MDF, and then when I switched the same thing to 1/8" plywood, it just burned out most of it?

yea i realzied that too. i couldnt find any of the instruction i was soooo confused

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.