Photo Engraving a Pumpkin

This is my 3rd year doing my anual pumpkin carving with my Glowforge. This year I did Black Panther. The technique is pretty simple I cut off the face of the pumpkin so it would fit then did a photo engrave (if you try this make sure to invert the colors of the picture). I did a full build video on youtube if you’d like more info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ6FprU3Cgk ! IMG_5680|375x500

34 Likes

That is so great!

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome result!

3 Likes

thanks!

Great result, Thanks for sharing your work! Did you have to thin the pumkin wall to get that translucence?

Edit; NM, I watched the video.

3 Likes

That is eerily amazing!

3 Likes

I used your pumpkin advice last year! Hmmmm, I’ve got a week left, maybe I’ll do it again just for my porch :smiley:

On a different material subject, I ran across this video on your feed using the removal of black spray paint from aluminum to get a beautiful photo finish on aluminum…this is ab fab!

Yet another thing I want to try!

2 Likes

Thank you! send me pictures when you do. I like to engrave random things just to see what will happen more often than not its worked pretty well.

1 Like

Wow, the variation in shading is amazing!

2 Likes

Great work! Great homage to Black Panther. He was a great actor.

1 Like

Very impressive!

1 Like

Super amazing! Thanks for the video. My spouse is greatly resistant to the potential smells coming from cutting pumpkins on the GF and won’t let me try it! So thanks for letting me live vicariously.

2 Likes

The smell was very minimal cutting acrylic is 10x worse.