Photo engraving can be dangerous

Yeah, photo engraving an image of your beloved pet who has crossed the rainbow bridge may result in everything looking blurry for the rest of the evening.

I was fine during the photo prep, during the set-up, but once I saw it being formed and was able to physically touch something that looked like my dog again, I was done for.

But, hey, new skills and it’s something I really wanted to offer for my friends/customers.

(His name was “Bassy” - Sebastian, named for the kid from Neverending Story, and he was with me from the time I was 21 through 34 - marriage, two kids, housing crises, and 15 moves).

ETA: Source photo -

Good looking engrave.

It’s amazing how they will do that too ya. I’m working on an urn for my guy. I have to go in small work time cause I get the same vision problem. One of the pictures I’m using on the urn, I also have as a tattoo (done with his ashes), so you would think I’d be good with it by now. Not.

This has to be one of the best things I’ve seen in a long time - the image and the story! LOVE it!!

Both lovely stories. I hope the respective engravings help you to find closure.

Awwwwwww. Sniff.

Got one myself. You will be seeing pictures of it before long.
From about 25 years ago. Best picture I ever got of the kids.
Was Rusty and my youngest, blowing bubbles with the dog leaping to burst them.

So many things we could have taken a picture of but missed the chance.
Glad you also have a picture around to remind you.

And so many things we didn’t get a picture of because we were building memories rather than observing through a lens :slight_smile:

OK so I’m a cat person, really, but thanks for sharing.
:upside_down_face:

That tattoo!!! HAHA! Love it!

I was pet-inclusive with my language!

Never over it. Our precious pups are God’s gift to humanity.

Likewise… my two Boxers are my babies, I know I’ll go to pieces when they pass. We had to put down a Mastiff at 2yrs, over a decade ago, and I still can’t talk about it without tearing up…

Great engrave, and the source photo is wonderful too. I love your description of how much time - how much life - you two shared.

One of these days I’ll take a shot at this one. She’s been gone a long time now (for a frame of reference, the baby in this photo is in grad school now)but she was my best dog ever; pretty sure there’ll be some blurred vision when I sit down to work on this project.

Just managed to engrave one of my old man Darby who passed a few weeks ago, miss him a lot.

Beautiful boy and lovely photo. I’m sorry for your loss. I understand it as I unexpectedly lost a young dog a few weeks ago as well and it still doesn’t feel real :cry:

I’m sorry you both lost your pals…makes it kinda tough to cope for a while. :confused:

Thank you. Sorry to hear that. Probably more difficult with a young dog. We had 14 great years with Darby and knew it was coming, it was still hard though. They really do become part of the family.