Photo engraving paper with more contrast

Moving this to Beyond the Manual per forum guidelines and to keep the FNLs happy. :slight_smile:

I tried to post my photos here but it won’t take. I started reading this whole topic today and used the information to successfully use a picture of my linoleum print that was originally `12x19. I successfully engraved a white inexpensive card, not thick, with a beautiful impression of my print, now measuring 2inx3in. No evidence shows on the back of the card that the card has been enhanced, and thats where I wanted to land.
Speed 640
power 25 LPI225 paper ht. 0.01

I wanted to thank everyone who shared their trials and successes on this subject. I needed the info to make this a success.

2 Likes

I tried the settings mentioned above, but the engraving was not dark or deep enough. I do not have a photo, sorry. I started playing with the settings and depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
I have used Speed 700, power of 40 - 60, LPI 225, same paper ht. 0.01 this was for the fonts used. The diagram settings changed from Score at speed 500, power 25, to speed 400, power 10.