Photoshop (beta) generative ai fill

so, i’ve played a little with this over the past week and it’s super cool.

unlike midjourney or firefly or the other generative AIs, this is built into photoshop and can alter existing images.

12 Likes

This is an excellent use of AI.

8 Likes

my fav is just being able to expand an image. we have this problem all the time with our photographers. they frame a photo to look best to them at the actual size and crop that they like. which i totally get. but i’d prefer they leave more space around it so i have room to (a) bleed an image off the page w/o cropping anything important, or (b) be able to fit it into a different shape frame than their original framing has. but most of the time it’s just not that easy to manually add content to create more room to bleed or reframe.

but now… i can just let PS add an extra couple of hundred pixels where i need them.

12 Likes

Stable diffusion and other systems also have in- and out- painting. This is well done and the fact that it’s inside Ps is really cool, but they’re not the first.

6 Likes

It works surprisingly well

5 Likes

I seen videos on this. It looks pretty cool.

5 Likes

I keep meaning to try this when I work on my desktop. Thanks for the reminder!

5 Likes

That is totally awesome. I spend hours removing stuff in photoshop!

5 Likes

It’s even more fun to add stuff!

4 Likes

I’ve had fun with it too. Some were total flops but some have done an amazing job. I’m sure the flops were more user error not understanding the process but funny.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.