Picture Frame SVG Generator

Hi folks!

We made a new video and Cuttle Template combo. This time @tobyschachman and I collaborated on a simple design for a wall mounted picture frame. Just enter the width and height of the picture you are framing to generate the SVG cut files for the acrylic and wood parts:
frameChanging

Video:

I’ve had quite a lot of fun framing stuff while testing this template:

We managed to keep it super simple and functional, it’s just a 3 layer sandwich that allows the acrylic to slide in from the top. The hanger hole is cut out from the back so there are no additional parts to attach.

The U-shaped spacer component gets split into 3 bars with little dovetails to save on material use.

I think it would be good to do something similar for the front facing part of the frame but this version keeps it clean and simple for most small frames.

This version is also easier to use if you want to add any decorative elements to the frame, maybe something fun to do for mothers day? :rose:

The template is free to use for the next week. It lets you customize the size of the frame.

If you just need a frame for a 4x6 photo, here’s the SVGs for the acrylic glazing and wood pieces:

Picture Frame  - Split Spacer Layout (2)
Picture Frame  - Glazing (4)

45 Likes

I love this, and I love how Cuttle templates make things like this so easy. You guys just keep making it better. Thanks!

15 Likes

This is great!

11 Likes

This is great! Who couldn’t use a quick frame?

12 Likes

Nice share! Cuttle is getting better and better!

10 Likes

AWESOME! Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Cuttle keeps getting better. Thanks

3 Likes