Ping Pong Organizer

We recently acquired a ping-pong table. The kids keep leaving the paddles and balls laying around, and they are getting stepped on and damaged.

I designed a wall-mounted holder to hold 4 paddles and a bunch of balls. It’s meant to be cut in 1/4" material. I made it very functional, and not very stylish.

PingPong1_p1.pdf (1.5 KB)
PingPong1_p2.pdf (1.4 KB)

47 Likes

So simple yet creative. Love it!!

4 Likes

Awesome! I just got a ping-pong table (Amazon door-buster sale) a couple months ago, and it’s still leaning against a wall. Maybe this will motivate me to do something with it. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Great idea!:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Love seeing things built out of necessity…one of the great things about having a laser cutter :grinning:

5 Likes

can I say “um YES” to this like 400 times ?

4 Likes

Great—now when my Glowforge arrives, I’m going to have to buy a ping-pong table too, just so I can make one of these… Maybe a pool table as well… This Glowforge is suddenly getting even more expensive. Seriously though, great idea and well executed.

9 Likes

do you think the paddles will fall over? In my experience they are a little top heavy.

again, great display. im amazed at your 360fusion skills.

5 Likes

The paddles are pretty much standard size (except thickness) so slotting the rails would work eh?

@jamingaroutte seriously. This tool is very versatile. A solid bridge between art and utility. :mount_fuji: :hammer:

3 Likes

Very nice job! I do agree about the slots in the “wings” so the paddles sit more in place. Future mods could include ball “dispenser”, maybe a pad/whiteboard/chalkboard under for tournament scores, etc. I;m jealous of the 3d design ability most of you have - I really need to start learning 3d software before the end of the year.

This is a very cool project! Thank you for sharing your files!

2 Likes